Tanganyika Gaines
Januray 14, 2010
Good day. This is my first English class since 1998-1999 high school year. So I
guess you can say I am a little excited and not so excited about this class. I'm
excited about this class becuase I know I will be learning new material. I'm not so
excited because I don't like writing papers especially papers with 9 or more pages.
I dont have much experience with writing especially in complete sentences, using
punctuations and any of the other proper english writing skills. From what I can
remember I have always wrote in class. Blogging probably was not even invented then.
Pen and paper was our very best friend. With me being a new blogger this will allow
the public to help me with my writing. Who knows somebody out there might even give
me some pointers that will stick with me.
My career goal is becoming a RN (Registered Nurse). With that in mind, I'm really
not sure how this english class will prepare me for that. From what I have
experienced with nurses they just need to make sure someone can read their
handwriting. Now doctors on the other hand is another thing. In my opinion I am a
good public speaker. I would say that I need to increase my vocabulary. At times I
have a habit of using words in repetation. Which I think might not be proper english
writing.
From English 111, I hope to learn the proper way of writing and hope to enjoy this
class. English is not one of my favorite subjects. Especially when most of the
population don't use proper english anyway. Everyone has gotten so used to using
abrevations and the computer to correct their grammar. I also would like this class
to increase my vocabulary. I think this class would definately help me with blogging
and computer writing. I also think this class will help me with seeing writing from
someone elses point of view. Who knows maybe one day I will become a famous aurthur.
I hope this will be enough writing. After a couple of hundred would I tend to have
nothing much to talk about.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment